£30000 - £40000 per annum
Job Ref: 32373
Aerospace and Defence
Automation and Robotics
General Engineering and Manufacturing
Share this job:
Materials Scientist: Our client has several positions and will suit either an experienced Materials Engineer, or a Graduate in Material Science. Salaries will be reflective of experience. The company is at the forefront of innovating technologies, and they are in an enviable position, receiving innovative, proof of principle projects to research and innovate materials for a range of uses and applications.
£30,000 – £50,000 (Depending on experience)
A Materials Scientist with hands on experience, or academic experience, is required for an advanced research and development lab and high-volume manufacturer.
The position of Material Scientist will include:
- Working to create a viable product or solution, based on the customer or in house specific requirement of material performance. This may include wear resistance, heat resistance, heat conductivity, electrical conductivity and resistance, or any other material characteristic.
- Support and track all current projects using a stage gate process. Familiarity with this process is desirable but not essential as training will be provided.
- Conduct feasibility studies and carry out product testing and document iterations and evaluations until you successfully find the solution to the problem.
- Work alongside colleagues and bounce ideas off one another to help reach a successful conclusion.
- Apply a continuous improvement methodology to everything you do.
- Projects will include customer specified projects as well as helping to develop in house initiatives which may increase production capacity, reduce material waste, increase yield or perhaps create a safer working environment.
The suitable candidate for Materials Scientist will need to possess the following skills and experience:
- Degree Educated in Material Science, Material Engineering or a core module relevant to materials engineering.
- Organised, out of the box thinker who enjoys problem solving through engineering and/or science.
This is an exciting role which covers a wide range of exciting projects, working for a leading global manufacturer. If you have the required skills and experiences for this position of Materials Scientist, please click on the link to apply. In return, our client can offer an attractive salary with good company benefits along with training and development.