General Engineering and Manufacturing
Purchasing, Supply Chain and Logistics
Share this job:
Materials Controller or Buyer
Position: Materials Controller/Buyer Southport, Liverpool (Engineering/Manufacturing sector)
(We would consider candidate applications from Expediting, Purchasing, Buying, Production/Stock Control, Production Planning, Inventory Planning, Materials Control/Planning, or similar areas of Manufacturing/Production with expediting/purchasing experience)
Key experience: Purchase Orders, Quotations, ERP/MRP/SAP (or similar), Material Forecasting, Inventory Control
Salary: £25,000 – £30,000 depending on level of experience
We have an exciting opportunity for a Materials Controller/Buyer to join a growing business in the manufacturing and engineering sector. You should have a good understanding and knowledge of modern purchasing and supplier development principles and practices. Be able to demonstrate sound commercial awareness, with a good understanding and knowledge of modern material management principle and practices. The Material Controller/Buyer will need to have good communication skills and demonstrates good negotiating skills.
Key responsibilities and experience required for the Material Controller/Buyer:
- Previous experience of dealing with Quotations and Purchase Orders.
- Experience dealing with the purchase of materials, sub-assemblies and related parts.
- Confident with using Windows Office, Spreadsheets etc.
- Ensure a suitable and robust process is in place to manage the effectiveness of supplier performance.
- Previous experience using an ERP, MRP or SAP system for material forecasting, monitoring and controlling inventory levels.
- Experience of raising purchase orders, expediting, receiving materials, and reconciliations.
- Good investigative skills, following up paper trails, chasing suppliers & orders etc
- Excellent organisational skills.
If you have the required experience, please click on the link to apply.
Cartisian Technical Recruitment is a specialist recruitment agency sourcing engineers for Automation, Software and Electronics, Automotive, General Engineering & Manufacturing sectors.
UK office: Central Boulevard, Blythe Valley Business Park, Solihull, UK.