£25000 - £30000 per annum
Job Ref: 32182
General Engineering and Manufacturing
Purchasing, Supply Chain and Logistics
Share this job:
Position: Materials Controller – Southport, Liverpool
(We would consider candidate applications from Expediting, Purchasing, Buying, Production/Stock Control, Production Planning, Inventory Planning, Materials Control/Planning, or similar areas of Manufacturing/Production with expediting/purchasing experience)
Salary: £25,000 – £30,000 depending on level of experience
Key experience: Purchase Orders, Quotations, ERP/MRP/SAP (or similar), Material Forecasting, Inventory Control
We have an exciting opportunity for a Materials Controller to join a growing business in the manufacturing and engineering sector. You should have a good understanding and knowledge of modern purchasing and supplier development principles and practices. Be able to demonstrate sound commercial awareness, with a good understanding and knowledge of modern material management principle and practices. The Material Controller will need to have good communication skills and demonstrates good negotiating skills.
Key responsibilities and experience required for the Material Controller:
- Previous experience of dealing with Quotations and Purchase Orders.
- Experience dealing with the purchase of materials, sub-assemblies and related parts.
- Confident with using Windows Office, Spreadsheets etc.
- Ensure a suitable and robust process is in place to manage the effectiveness of supplier performance.
- Previous experience using an ERP, MRP or SAP system for material forecasting, monitoring and controlling inventory levels.
- Experience of raising purchase orders, expediting, receiving materials, and reconciliations.
- Good investigative skills, following up paper trails, chasing suppliers & orders etc
- Excellent organisational skills.
If you have the required experience, please click on the link to apply.
Cartisian Technical Recruitment is a specialist recruitment agency sourcing engineers for Automation, Software and Electronics, Automotive, General Engineering & Manufacturing sectors.
UK office: Central Boulevard, Blythe Valley Business Park, Solihull, UK.