Aerospace and Defence
General Engineering and Manufacturing
Share this job:
Material Planning and Logistics Lead
Position: Material Planning & Logistics Lead
(We would be interested in candidates working in any of the following areas: Supply Chain Planning/Forecasting, Demand Planning, Production/Material Planning, MP&L, Material Forecasting or similar).
Location: Kidderminster, Midlands
We are recruiting for a Material Planning & Logistics Lead, working with an innovative business involved with the engineering, design, and manufacture of complex systems for industry. As the MP&L Lead you will manage and oversee Logistic cycles and material control elements for assembly cells and External shipping and receiving, the role will primarily be a Logistics Lead and material control function, contributing to the overall strategic direction of the organisation for business systems.
You will be responsible for setting up all aspects of supply chain management, ensuring the flow of raw materials and final products from suppliers to the manufacturing facility. They will ensure that all the processes and procedures are in place to manage orders and coordinate stock of materials to ensure the company has everything needed to meet customer requirements.
Main responsibilities as the Material Planning & Logistics Lead:
- Define and establish Logistics strategy for inbound and outbound flows.
- The timely and accurate release of manufacturing work plans to dedicated manufacturing cells within the specified manufacturing cycle.
- Ensuring that production plans are supported and contribute towards Key metric attainment (OTP, OTDIF, E&O & inventory and Cycle counting) within the organisation.
- Participate in the S&OP process and Supply reviews.
- Liaise with the Demand Planning, purchasing & engineering team.
- Ensure that material availability meets manufacturing planning requirements.
- Liaise with both external / internal supply chain elements to ensure smooth ongoing flow of pull systems.
- Adhere to ERP rules.
- Support to define and manage annual budgets for Logistics operation.
- Develop the supply base to ensure it can fulfil Client requirements across key metrics.
- Negotiate and agree contracts with agreed suppliers e.g., packaging and transport providers.
- Cycle Counting maintenance, report out and Investigation.
- Adhere to ERP processes & procedures.
- Key metrics will be On Time Performance, Cost of purchases, Expediting, Value of inventory, NVA activities, Waste / Scrap & Lead Time
Previous experience as the Material Planning & Logistics Lead:
- Experience in customs regulations with regards to import and export from a process and paperwork perspective.
- Planning skills.
- Warehouse & Logistic process management
- Kanban & vendor managed Stock holdings and management
- MRP/MRPII/ERP (SyteLine)
- PC Literate (Excel, Access, MS Word, MS Outlook)
- Industrial experience from Automotive, Aerospace or Marine industry sector.
- Working in a shop floor environment
- Proven record in lean methodology
- Worked in a Small, Medium Enterprise (SME).
- Excellent organisational & planning skills
- Excellent Communicator at all levels
- HND or NVQ in logistics or relevant field
If you feel you have the required skills and experience for the Material Planning and Logistics vacancy, please click on the apply button below. Your CV will be forwarded to Cartisian Technical Recruitment.
Cartisian Technical Recruitment are a specialist recruitment agency sourcing engineers for Automation, Scientific Technologies, Automotive, General Engineering & Manufacturing sectors.
UK office: Central Boulevard, Blythe Valley Business Park, Solihull, Birmingham, UK