General Engineering and Manufacturing
Share this job:
Manufacturing Manager / Production Manager – Birmingham
(Also keen to hear from Production Managers & Works Managers with relevant industry experience as detailed below)
Birmingham, West Midlands.
Negotiable, between £40,000 – £48,000, depending on level of experience from the sheet metal industry.
Knowledge/experience from the Metal Industry – Ideally sheet metal manufacturing (metal cutting/laser cutting, pressing/press work, stamping, forging, roll forming, machining of metal products, tube bending & manipulation, metal finishing).
We have an exciting opportunity for a dynamic and driven Manufacturing Manager / Production Manager with a business in the Birmingham area with over 100 years of heritage in the sheet metal manufacturing sector. As the Manufacturing Manager / Production Manager you will contribute to the creation and implementation of best practice for the manufacturing of products, including: vision, strategy, policies, processes and procedures. The Manufacturing Manager / Production Manager will be instrumental helping the business grow and increase turnover by an additional £3m – £5m through the implementation and improvement of current processes, reduction in waste, time management, improvement of lean manufacturing, better use of IT/ERP systems.
- Manufacturing or Production Management experience from the Sheet Metal Industry (metal cutting/laser cutting, pressing/press work, stamping, forging, roll forming, machining of metal products, tube bending & manipulation, metal finishing).
- Strong numerical, analysis and IT skills. Able to take information, analyse the data and produce reports.
- Good understanding and prior experience with IT Manufacturing/Production Systems, such as ERP/MRP systems.
- Strong interpersonal & communication skills, with excellent leaderships traits & qualities.
- Ideally to have a relevant manufacturing/engineering degree, HND/HNC, BTEC or Level 5 NVQ.
- Good understanding of APQP, Lean Manufacturing & Continuous Improvement.
- Financially sound, can manage profit and loss responsibilities for Manufacturing/Production.
- Understands what is involved with the manufacturing supply chain and all of its moving parts.
- Understanding of Health & Safety (ISO9001, IOSH/NEBOSH, ISO14001)
If you have the required experience as a Manufacturing Manager or Production Manager please click on the link to apply.
Cartisian Technical Recruitment is a specialist recruitment agency sourcing engineers for Automation, Software and Electronics, Automotive, General Engineering & Manufacturing sectors.
UK office: Central Boulevard, Blythe Valley Business Park, Solihull, UK.
Continental Europe office: River Garden, Rohanske Nabrezi, Prague, CZ