General Engineering and Manufacturing
Share this job:
A Maintenance Technician with experience of maintaining production machinery is required for a successful manufacturer based in Redditch.
You have the choice of working days or a two-shift rotation
- Days: 8am – 4.30pm
- Shifts: 6am -2pm and 2pm -10pm
The company is going through an extended period of growth and there is a requirement to build a larger maintenance team. Currently there is a lot of reactive maintenance but with the additional resource they want to implement a planned, preventative maintenance plan.
The role of Maintenance Technician will include:
- Working with the lead Maintenance Engineer to provide a preventative and reactive maintenance plan.
- Maintain a range of PLC controlled production machinery.
- PLC Fault finding (programming not required)
- Reading mechanical and electrical drawings.
- Order spare parts where necessary.
- Respond to reactive maintenance issues and strive to keep downtime to a minimum.
The suitable candidate for Maintenance Technician will need to possess the following experience and qualifications:
- Experienced Maintenance Engineer/Technician
- Able to read mechanical and basic electrical diagrams
- Experience with PLC Fault Finding – Desirable but not essential
- Strong interpersonal skills with a conscientious attitude.
- Technical qualification or apprenticeship in Mechanical or electrical Engineering or time served experience.
- You can choose to do either days or a two-shift rotation
If you are an experienced Maintenance Technician/Engineer with the required skills, please click on the link to apply.