Service & Maintenance
Up to £43000 per annum
Job Ref: 32458
Automation and Robotics
General Engineering and Manufacturing
Share this job:
Rugby, Wellingborough, Northampton, Bedford, Kettering, Milton Keynes
We require Maintenance Engineer to work in a fast-paced environment, working with high-speed automated machinery, equipment, and robotic systems. In your role as a Maintenance Engineer, you will undertake various electrical & mechanical/PLC repair duties to ensure the smooth operation of its machinery, ensuring as little downtime as possible.
The position of Maintenance Engineer will include:
- Working to a planned maintenance routine to maintain a range of pneumatic and PLC controlled machinery.
- Machinery includes conveyors, packaging machines, palletising & depalletising systems, and robotics.
- Fault finding on PLC’s, reviewing fault logs and some point-to-point testing.
- Some machines incorporate stepper motors, sensors, pneumatics, actuators, bearings
- Reactive maintenance is also required with breakdowns, and it is essential that downtime is kept to a minimum.
- On call hours is allocated on rotation with the rest of the teams and there are financial incentives when on call.
- The suitable candidate for Multi-Skilled Maintenance Engineer will need to possess the following skills and experience:
The suitable candidate for the Maintenance Engineer will need to possess the following experience:
- NVQ or higher qualification in electrical, mechanical or maintenance engineering – essential
- Experience working in a fast-paced environment with robotics, high speed machinery, and automated systems is highly desirable
- Experience with PLC fault finding, and pneumatics is highly desirable
- Working at height – desirable
If you have the required skills for the Maintenance Engineer vacancy, please email your CV to Ed Burch, Senior Consultant at Cartisian Technical Recruitment at or call for a confidential discussion on 0121 2951623
Cartisian Technical Recruitment are a specialist recruitment agency sourcing engineers for Automation, Scientific Technologies, Automotive, General Engineering & Manufacturing sectors.
UK office: Central Boulevard, Blythe Valley Business Park, Solihull, Birmingham, UK.