Automation and Robotics
Share this job:
Maintenance Engineer, Northampton.
Salary: Negotiable, shift allowance and overtime available
We require Multi-Skilled Maintenance Engineers to work in a fast paced environment, working with high speed automated machinery and material handling systems. In your role as the Multi-Skilled Maintenance Engineer you will undertake various electrical & mechanical/PLC repair duties to ensure the smooth operation of the facility and its machinery, ensuring as little downtime as possible.
The role of Multi-Skilled Maintenance Engineer includes:
- Working to a PPM schedule.
- PLC Fault Finding (I/O level).
- Maintenance work carried out on automation systems, including cranes, packaging machinery, pneumatic systems, conveyors, bagging & wrapping machinery, belt driven machinery and other material handling equipment.
- Familiar with industrial sensors, identification, replacement and different types of photocells, inductive and proximity sensors and encoders
- Should be able to read/work from electrical and/or mechanical drawings.
- Installation and commissioning of new equipment when required.
The suitable candidate for Multi-Skilled Maintenance Engineer will need to possess the following experience:
- Experienced multi-skilled engineer
- Qualification in electrical, mechanical or automation engineering – essential
- Experience working in a fast paced environment with material handling equipment, high speed automated machinery, conveyors and automated systems is highly desirable
- Good understanding of PLC control systems (fault finding, rectification)
- Ability to work from and interpret engineering drawings.
- Working various shift patterns in rotation – (days, lates and nights) details can be provided.
If you have the required skills please click on the apply button below and your CV will be forwarded to Cartisian Technical Recruitment
Cartisian Technical Recruitment are a specialist recruitment agency sourcing engineers for Automation, Scientific Technologies, Automotive, General Engineering & Manufacturing sectors.
UK office: Central Boulevard, Blythe Valley Business Park, Solihull, Birmingham, UK.