Software and Electronics
Share this job:
Lead FPGA Engineer
A Lead FPGA Engineer experienced with design and development of FPGAs VHDL/Verilog/System Verilog is required for a very established manufacturer and innovator of electronics used in consumer and industrial applications. The technology is world leading and highly sought after by consumers and industrial innovators.
Flexible working policy with a mix of office and home working.
Locations: (Relocation assistance will also be available if required)
- Edinburgh – with some hybrid working
The position of Lead FPGA Engineer will consist of the following:
- Define and develop FPGA-based solutions that meet performance, power, and functional requirements.
- Translate high-level system requirements into FPGA-specific design requirements and specifications.
- Using Verilog, System Verilog and VHDL to develop digital logic circuits and algorithms.
- Develop comprehensive test benches to verify the correctness and functionality of FPGA designs.
- Work closely with cross-functional teams to seamlessly integrate FPGA designs into larger systems and ensure proper interfacing.
- Identify and address issues that arise during design, implementation, or testing phases.
- Lead a team of FPGA engineers, provide guidance, assign tasks, and ensure successful project delivery.
- Document design decisions, processes, and progress while effectively communicating updates to project managers, stakeholders, and other teams.
The suitable candidate for this position of Lead FPGA Engineer will need to possess the following qualification and experience:
- Bachelor’s/Master’s degree in Electrical Engineering, Computer Engineering, or a related field.
- Proven experience in FPGA design, implementation, and verification.
- Proficiency in hardware description languages such as Verilog or VHDL.
- Strong familiarity with FPGA design tools and methodologies.
- Leadership experience or demonstrated ability to lead and mentor a team.
- Excellent problem-solving skills and a keen attention to detail.
This is a very exciting opportunity to develop highly innovative, world leading electronics technology, which is used in a variety of scientific and high-end consumer applications. If you have the required skills for Lead FPGA Engineer, then please click on the link to apply. In return, our client can offer a very attractive basic salary with additional bonuses and benefits.