Aerospace and Defence
General Engineering and Manufacturing
Share this job:
Team Leader – Fabrication/Sheet Metal
Position: Team Leader – Fabrication/Sheet Metal
Location: Walsall, West Midlands
Hourly Rate/Salary: £15 per hour which equates to approx. c£30,000 pa, premium overtime is also available along with company benefits. (Paid weekly or monthly)
We are seeking a Laser Punch Press Team Leader who will be responsible for ensuring the efficient and timely output of the department, both when working independently and as part of a small team. The successful candidate will be self-motivated and proactive, with a can-do attitude and a focus on improving the efficiency of the department.
Key skills required for the Laser Punch Press Team Leader
- General IT skills are essential, as the role requires interaction with other employees and suppliers via email and the use of an ERP system for tasks such as raising POs and tracking work orders.
- In addition to these technical skills, the role requires hands-on experience with physical work such as setting tools, moving raw materials and work in progress, and making repairs to machines.
- General engineering skills and experience with feasibility reviews of customer product needs are also important, as the successful candidate will need to be able to solve problems and help the company meet customer requirements.
- Interpersonal skills are key in this fast-paced environment, and the successful candidate will need to be an effective team player.
- Energy and dynamism are also important qualities for the role.
- Experience with 2D CAD would be an added advantage although it is not essential, with the ability to make minor changes and draw basic parts, as well as experience with CAM software such as Radan Genesis.
- Our machines are Trumpf laser punch presses. While experience with punch press setting and programming is useful, training will be provided to ensure the successful candidate has the necessary skills to operate the machinery and carry out their responsibilities effectively.
Responsibilities for the Laser Punch Press Team Leader
- Programming, setting and operating production processes.
- Generating and amending 2D CAD drawings (nice to have not essential).
- Maintaining documentation.
- Training operators and setters.
- Planning works orders.
- Negotiating and purchasing raw materials and consumables.
- Collating output data for analysis.
- Supporting the Production and Sales departments with product and process development.
- The successful candidate will work alongside other team members to ensure efficient and productive output at all times, while also maintaining equipment, coordinating external maintenance contracts, and proactively driving improvement projects to achieve KPIs.
- Full training will be provided, with ongoing development plans in place to support the successful candidate’s career progression.
To apply for this Laser Punch Press Team Leader vacancy please click on the link to apply.
Cartisian Technical Recruitment is a specialist recruitment agency sourcing engineers for Automation, Software and Electronics, Automotive, General Engineering & Manufacturing sectors.
UK office: Central Boulevard, Blythe Valley Business Park, Solihull, UK.