General Engineering and Manufacturing
Share this job:
Internal Sales Coordinator
An Internal Sales Coordinator is required for a highly innovative and growing technical engineering and manufacturing business.
The company designs and manufactures niche in-house products as well as subcontract manufacturing and sales.
The position of Internal Sales Coordinator will include the following:
- Coordinate all incoming sales enquiries and ensure estimation department have provided you with technical estimates in a timely manner for you to present the proposal back to the customer.
- Liaise with engineering and manufacturing to obtain samples and completed tests instigated from customer enquiries and encourage the department to provide this by an agreed date.
- Proactively chase all applicable departments to establish a professional and customer-oriented response to incoming enquiries and sales orders.
- Support external sales engineer with documenting leads, enquiries and following up with customers.
- Send out samples and follow up with customers with a view to securing the order, or further product support/design.
- As you become more familiar with the products, start to proactively target prospective customers to drive sales and build the internal sales department.
The suitable candidate for this position of Internal Sales Coordinator will need to possess the following skills and experience:
- Prior experience of sales and or internal sales management, ideally within manufacturing is essential.
- Naturally strong at customer service.
- Commercially driven and well organised.
- Ability to push and motivate other departments to ensure customers are responded to within agreed time frames, this includes technical estimates, product testing and samples. Technical estimates will generally be provided by external sales or engineering.
There is a huge amount of autonomy in the role and it requires an organised commercially minded individual who can think on their feet and interact with internal department with confidence.