Automation and Robotics
Share this job:
Director/Head of Service
Position: Director/Head of Service
(Also suitable for Director of Service, Service Director, Group Service Manager, EMEA Service Manager, EMEA Director (Service), Global Service Manager or similar positions)
Location: Ideally based near Peterborough or surrounding area
Remuneration: circa £100,000 (negotiable) + benefits package, depending on relevant industry experience
We are seeking an experienced Service leader to join our growing business. Due to continued business growth and expansion, we have an exciting opportunity for a Head of Service to join our growing automation technology business. The Head of Service will evaluate the service requirements of our automation technology business and set up the required structure to deliver a world class service department across our business in the UK and Internationally. This will include evaluating our current service proposition, service strategy, working with the Service Manager to set up service and maintenance teams, supporting and delivering a commercial service strategy with our global partners.
Key requirements for the Head of Service vacancy:
- Experience working in a similar “Head of/Director” Service position.
- It is essential you have experience of the warehouse automation and logistics industry sector. Familiar with Engineering and Automation Technology sectors.
- Passionate about creating and delivering an international world class Service department.
- Experience with creating and driving a Service strategy across the UK and EU (and/or globally).
- Experience setting up a service department leading the Service Manager and Service Team.
- Strong people management and presentation skills with excellent written and verbal communication. Be able to identify problems, analyse situations and present clear strategy moving forward.
- Prior experience in a commercial/service sales position with responsibility of P&L/large budgets.
- Experience producing and writing up technical documentation, reports, presenting to customers and to the wider business.
- Experience with setting up/delivering service sales agreements and service contracts across the UK and Internationally.
- To seek out commercial opportunities from within the Service department.
- Previous experience of recruiting and growing a service department across multiple countries.
- Willingness and flexibility to travel to customer sites as and when required (UK and Internationally).
- Strong analytical skills.
- Adaptable and able to prioritise.
- Good knowledge of logistics best practice.
- Ability to think ahead and anticipate problems, issues, and solutions.
- Demonstrable leadership qualities. Able to lead, coach and motivate team.
If you feel you have the relevant experience and you are interested in applying to the Head of Service vacancy, please click on the apply button below. Your CV will be forwarded to Cartisian Technical Recruitment.
Cartisian Technical Recruitment are a specialist recruitment agency sourcing engineers for Automation, Scientific Technologies, Automotive, General Engineering & Manufacturing sectors.
UK office: Central Boulevard, Blythe Valley Business Park, Solihull, Birmingham, UK.