Head of Automation
Job Ref: 32530
Automation and Robotics
IT and Infrastructure
Share this job:
Head of Automation Solutions
Position: Head of Automation Solutions
Location: Remote. Ideally located in the United Kingdom however, we would also consider candidates based in Portugal or Poland.
Salary: A highly attractive remuneration package + company benefits
We have an exciting opportunity for a Head of Automation Solutions to join our growing automation technology business. The Head of Automation Solutions will evaluate the requirement of an automation solution and support those requirements with software, hardware or infrastructure. This includes looking at the system or solution as a whole, including information security architecture or the application design and development needed to efficiently fulfil user requirements. The role will be involved across multiple stages of the project lifecycle, from establishment and development of a new automation solutions to the continuous improvement of existing solutions.
Key requirements, skills and experience required for the Head of Automation solutions:
- You will be the main contact and expert for automation software systems and development within the Department.
- You will set the benchmark across the business as to how automation system processes should be evaluated, delivered or improved.
- Understanding customer requirements, translation into technical requirements and application of standard Automation specifications.
- Global standardisation of IT systems and software across the automation systems, including a global library of documentation.
- Develop proof of concept to validate solution feasibility.
- Data collection, analysis and validation to define the required automation solutions.
- Contribute to the Automation strategic planning.
- Responsible for enhancement identification, requirements gathering, design, configuration, development and delivery with respect to Automation systems.
- Integration management between various systems – low/high level controls, IT infrastructure etc – and validation of interfaces and integration.
- Previous experience leading and delivering automation solutions projects is essential.
- Prior experience working within the Warehouse Automation, Logistics Solutions or Material Handling sector is essential.
- Willingness and flexibility to travel to other sites if required.
- Strong communication (both written and verbal) and presentation skills.
- Strong analytical skills.
- Adaptable and able to prioritise.
- Strong software architecture system knowledge.
- Good knowledge of logistics best practice.
- Ability to think ahead and anticipate problems, issues and solutions.
If you feel you have the relevant experience and you are interested in applying to the Head of Automation Solutions vacancy, please click on the apply button below. Your CV will be forwarded to Cartisian Technical Recruitment.
Cartisian Technical Recruitment are a specialist recruitment agency sourcing engineers for Automation, Scientific Technologies, Automotive, General Engineering & Manufacturing sectors.
UK office: Central Boulevard, Blythe Valley Business Park, Solihull, Birmingham, UK.