Automation and Robotics
Software and Electronics
Share this job:
Graduate R&D Test Engineer
Graduate Robotics Test Engineer
Location: Cambridge, Huntingdon, St Neots, Royston, Letchworth Garden City, Bishop’s Stortford
Salary: £28,000 – £30,000
A well-funded agri-tech start-up are now looking to expand their team to help them push the boundaries of autonomous robotics, deep learning, computer vision and IoT. We are looking for a talented Graduate Robotics Test Engineer to be responsible for putting our new hardware and software through their paces, both on-site and in the lab.
The Graduate Robotics Test Engineer will be responsible for
- Run tests both in the field and in the lab
- Work with design engineers to define, develop and assemble test rigs
- Verify and validate new hardware and software developments
- Develop and run appropriate test methods, working with teams across the business to define tests and appropriate success criteria
- Analyse data to build an understanding of performance
- Document and communicate performance data and issues
- Inform prioritisation of issues, and assist with suggestions for improvements both of design and use
Experience needed for the Graduate Robotics Test Engineer will include
- Engineering degree or HND with a lot of drive
- Motivated to run long-term repetitive testing; energy to be able to deploy and oversee robots on farms
- Attention to detail to identify problems and communication skills and confidence to bring others’ attention to issues and drive change
- Ability to get stuck in with the team but also solve problems independently
- Enjoy working outdoors as well as in the lab and practical hands-on work
- Full driver’s licence
To apply for this Graduate Robotics Test Engineer vacancy please apply via the link below.
Cartisian Technical Recruitment are a specialist recruitment agency sourcing engineers for Automation, Scientific Technologies, Automotive, General Engineering & Manufacturing sectors.
UK office: Central Boulevard, Blythe Valley Business Park, Solihull, Birmingham, UK.
Continental Europe office: River Garden, Rohanske Nabrezi, Prague, CZ