Aerospace and Defence
General Engineering and Manufacturing
Share this job:
Facilities & Maintenance Manager – Wolverhampton
Position: Facilities & Maintenance Manager (Automotive/ Manufacturing/Engineering/Aerospace)
Remuneration: £50,000 – £55,000 + bonus/benefits and company car
Location: Wolverhampton, commutable from Cannock Telford, Dudley, Birmingham, Walsall
This role is working for a global organisation, it will offer genuine opportunities for career development and progression. This company have a fantastic track record for developing and investing in their people, facilities, and systems.
The role will be responsible for the day-to-day operations and financial management of all “Hard Service” requirements across the site, including responsibility for all mechanical and electrical maintenance contracts. Lead a team of Engineering and Administrational staff, being responsible for motivating the team, client service, and commercial performance of contracts.
- Ensure that all work performed maintenance department supervision is carried out in a safe manner
- Manage and improve the current Planned Maintenance System’s and further develop this into the operating system, that incorporates preventative maintenance schedules for infrastructure assets & Reactive Cases.
- Ensure all necessary Service Contracts are in place to guarantee the plant and equipment is properly maintained and serviced to manufacturers recommendations and in line with Legal Compliance
- Participate in the design of contingency procedures for asset breakdowns.
- Identify opportunities for implementing improvements to working processes and assets. Undertake or assist with their implementation.
- Select, train, supervise, and support all members of the Maintenance Team, encouraging team working.
- Develop and support an “out of hours” reactive maintenance function working with the site based technical team &/or Sub-contractors for all aspects of critical plant and equipment.
The ideal candidate will need to have strong communication skills and be career driven.
- Experienced in Industrial or Building Services/ facilities management
- Must be proven in running a technical department of multi-skilled technicians and administrative staff
- Maintenance management of large facility
To apply for the Facilities & Maintenance Manager vacancy please email your CV to Ed Burch, Senior Consultant at Cartisian Technical Recruitment, email@example.com
Cartisian Technical Recruitment are a specialist recruitment agency sourcing engineers for Automation, Scientific Technologies, Automotive, General Engineering & Manufacturing sectors.
UK office: Central Boulevard, Blythe Valley Business Park, Birmingham, Solihull, UK.
Continental Europe office: River Garden, Rohanske Nabrezi, Prague, CZ