General Engineering and Manufacturing
Share this job:
An Estimator with experience of producing detailed estimates for engineering/fabrication projects is required for an established manufacturer in Kidderminster.
The company manufactures product which is used in the construction industry and part of the role will require you to attend site to measure up. Technical drawing will then be produced in order to present to the customer. Site measuring is not required for the majority of estimation work.
The role of Estimator will include:
- Responding to incoming enquires, taking specification details and compiling an estimate for the work required.
- Attend some construction sites to measure up to calculate the amount of material needed for their requirement. There is software in house which will assist in creating list of all components needed for the space allocated.
- Create a technical drawing of the layout to assist in customers understanding the quotation and how the products will be used.
- Maintain a close, professional relationship with customers, engendering future collaboration.
- Be commercial at all times to identify further sales opportunities whilst liaising with customers.
The suitable candidate for Estimator will need to possess the following skills and experience:
- Current or past engineering/manufacturing estimation experience.
- Happy to travel to construction sites when necessary to take measurements and discuss the work with the customer – (mostly local) – It’s not all site estimation work.
- Experience with basic CAD will be sufficient – Further training will be provided if required.
If you have worked as an estimator or you feel you have the skills to excel in such a role, then please click on the link to apply for this estimator position. In return, our client can offer a competitive salary, working in a friendly and professional environment.