Science & Technology
Share this job:
Electronic Engineer – Birmingham
Position: Electronic Engineer
Salary: Between £35,000 – £45,000 pa
We have an exciting opportunity for an Electronic Engineer to join a company expanding its R&D team. The ideal candidate is a highly focused and self-motivated individual who can apply their skills efficiently to a wide range of engineering and design problems. Must be able to work in a fast-paced environment and can demonstrate aptitude in the design and development of new electronic products. You should be a logical thinker with good communication skills who has a structured approach to design and problem solving and capable of contributing to team effort as well as working in isolation without close supervision.
The main function of the role will be to work within the Research & Development team on the design and development of intelligent, digitally controlled products.
Electronic Engineer responsibility:
- Work with management, marketing and customers to create agreed specifications.
- Take ownership of a product and drive it through all phases of design and development.
- Modify existing products to create highly customised and bespoke solutions for customers.
- Produce practical, robust and cost-effective designs with appropriate technical documentation.
- Provide technical support to customers and manufacturing teams.
- Liaise with suppliers and manufacturers to support product manufacture.
- Ensure that the company’s design process is followed and properly documented.
Key skills & experience required for the Electronic Engineer:
- Minimum of 2 years experience working in an electronics design environment.
- Degree or higher qualification in Electronics Engineering or similar.
- Good working knowledge of C language.
- Experience in firmware design for 8 and 32-bit micro-controllers – Preferably Microchip PIC.
- Embedded hardware design
- Schematic design and PCB layout
Must be eligible to live and work in the UK free from visa/sponsorship requirements
To apply for this Electronic Engineer vacancy please email your up to date CV to Cartisian Technical Recruitment at firstname.lastname@example.org
Cartisian Technical Recruitment is a specialist technical recruitment consultancy that specialises in Automation Jobs, Automotive Jobs, Science Jobs, Engineering Jobs, Technical Sales Jobs as well as senior executive level appointments and Interim. Our engineering recruitment consultants have many years of experience recruiting for the most sought after and in demand engineers across Product Development, Manufacturing, Purchasing & Supply Chain and Sales to include positions such as:
Mechanical Engineer, Mechanical Design Engineer, Product Designer, Electrical Design Engineer, Hardware Engineer, Firmware Engineer, Electronics Engineer, Software Engineer, Control Engineer, Engineering Manager, Production Manager, Quality Manager, Purchasing & Supply Chain Manager and Technical Sales.
Cartisian Technical Recruitment – Technical Recruitment for Automation, Scientific Technologies, Automotive, General Engineering & Manufacturing. Contact us on 01564711542 for further information. Our offices are located at Central Boulevard, Blythe Valley Business Park, Solihull, UK.