Science & Technology
Share this job:
Electrical Engineer – Farnborough, UK
Position: Electrical Engineer (Bio/Medical/Lab/Life Sciences)
Salary: £35,000 to £40,000 depending on the level of relevant (Automation/Robotics/Controls) experience
We require an Electrical Engineer for our site in Farnborough, this vacancy has come about due to business growth. As the Electrical Engineer you will provide electrical engineering support in designing and building robotic systems for the life science sector. Involving departmental and cross functional teams focused on the delivery of new and existing products and custom machines.
Electrical Engineer responsibilities:
- Designing, specifying, analysing and implementation of machine safety systems.
- Producing electrical control system designs for a variety of projects including special purpose machinery and robotic systems.
- Understanding project requirements and producing schematic diagrams, hook-up diagrams and build instructions using CAD for Production.
- Estimating material and manufacturing costs including creation of BOM’s.
- Adhering to project timelines.
- Working with the internal purchasing department and external suppliers to ensure procurement of critical components.
- Contribute to risk assessment and good safety practices by maintaining an awareness of activities and reporting on potential areas of risk.
- Carry out feasibility studies for new products and technical innovations.
- Assisting in coordinating other technical team resources.
- Creation of testing, installation and commissioning procedures and analysing data.
Key skills and experience:
- Dedicated professional with Electrical/Electronic Engineering degree (Bachelors/Masters preferred or equivalent considered) with 5+ years of relevant experience.
- Have a solid awareness and understanding of relevant British, European and International standards and understand the implications on design.
- Experience in designing systems around industrial and collaborative robots.
- Working knowledge of different communication protocols including TCP/IP, RS232 and Fieldbus systems.
- Electronic circuit design and analysis.
- Experience in implementing common industrial control techniques including PLC’s, sensors, distributed IO, servo control and some pneumatic experience.
- Design software user: SolidWorks electrical preferred.
- Hands on working experience on the shop floor/field to support the manufacturing team & R&D activities.
- Has a complete and thorough knowledge of the discipline and frequently contributes to the development of new concepts, theories and principles.
- High level of personal accountability and integrity.
- Excellent communication skills.
- Full UK driving licence.
- Fluency in English.
- IT skills.
Must be eligible to live and work in the UK free from visa/sponsorship requirements
To apply for the Electrical Engineer vacancy please email your up to date CV to Cartisian Technical Recruitment at email@example.com
Cartisian Technical Recruitment is a specialist technical recruitment consultancy that specialises in Automation Jobs, Automotive Jobs, Science Jobs, Engineering Jobs, Technical Sales Jobs as well as senior executive level appointments and Interim. Our engineering recruitment consultants have many years of experience recruiting for the most sought after and in demand engineers across Product Development, Manufacturing, Purchasing & Supply Chain and Sales to include positions such as:
Mechanical Engineer, Mechanical Design Engineer, Product Designer, Electrical Design Engineer, Hardware Engineer, Firmware Engineer, Electronics Engineer, Software Engineer, Control Engineer, Engineering Manager, Production Manager, Quality Manager, Purchasing & Supply Chain Manager and Technical Sales.
Cartisian Technical Recruitment – Technical Recruitment for Automation, Scientific Technologies, Automotive, General Engineering & Manufacturing. Contact us on 01564711542 for further information. Our offices are located at Central Boulevard, Blythe Valley Business Park, Solihull, UK.