Electrical Design Engineer
£55000 - £65000 per annum
Job Ref: 32438
Automation and Robotics
General Engineering and Manufacturing
Share this job:
Electrical Design Engineer
Location: Commutable from Huntingdon, Cambridge, Peterborough, St Neots, Kettering, Wellingborough, Northampton, Milton Keynes, Bedford, Biggleswade, Newmarket.
Salary: £55,000 – £65,000 (negotiable/flexible), hybrid/work from home (must be able to get to the office at least once per week or when needed)
We have an exciting Electrical Design Engineer vacancy for a dynamic individual seeking an opportunity to join a leading automation company designing and manufacturing bespoke automated solutions consisting of pneumatic systems, servo/motor driven machinery, end of line automation systems such as packaging machinery, bagging machinery, pick and place robotic stations, integrated conveyor solutions and sortation systems.
This role will allow you to develop innovative solutions utilising the latest technology in a team that comprises all resources of engineering.
Key skills and experience required for the Electrical Design Engineer vacancy:
- Degree, HNC or HND in Electrical Engineering or equivalent engineering experience from industry.
- Industry experience with the design of electrical systems consisting of automated machinery from any of the following sectors: System Integration, Food/FMCG, Warehouse Automation, Materials Handling industries (or similar industry sector).
- Experience with the selection and configuration of electrical components such as variable speed drives (VSD’s) preparation of bill of materials, preparation of manufacturing and installation, specification and planning of electrical and controls installations.
- Experience with testing and commissioning on customer sites if/when required and preparation of validation & test documentation.
- Exposure to Automation & Materials Handling Systems would be an added advantage although is not essential.
- Able to demonstrate a technical proficiency in machine control, and functional principles of safety.
- Mechanical comprehension skills.
- Ability to work as part of a team in a projects-based environment as part of a multi-disciplinary team.
The Electrical Design Engineer opportunity offers a pathway to a fulfilling career with many opportunities for advancement. If you have the passion and commitment to develop a career with a large organisation aspiring to become an industry leader, please click on the link to apply.
Cartisian Technical Recruitment is a specialist recruitment agency sourcing engineers for Automation, Software and Electronics, Automotive, General Engineering & Manufacturing sectors.
UK office: Central Boulevard, Blythe Valley Business Park, Solihull, UK.