Electrical Design Engineer
£40000 - £60000 per annum
Job Ref: 32438
Automation and Robotics
Share this job:
Electrical Design Engineer – Automation Systems
Location: Commutable from Huntingdon, Cambridge, Peterborough, St Neots, Kettering, Wellingborough, Northampton, Milton Keynes, Bedford, Biggleswade, Newmarket.
Salary: £40,000 – £60,000 (negotiable/flexible), some hybrid elements (3-4 days office /1-2 days from home)
We have exciting Electrical Design Engineer opportunities for dynamic individuals looking for the opportunity to join a leading automation company designing and manufacturing bespoke automated solutions consisting of pneumatic systems, servo/motor driven machinery, high speed automated machinery, end of line automation systems such as packaging machinery, bagging machinery, pick and pack stations, integrated conveyor solutions, vision inspection and detection systems.
This role will allow you to develop innovative solutions utilising the latest technology in a team that comprises all resources of engineering. This position is instrumental in the design and delivery of our unique solutions and the suitable Engineer must have the ability to deliver key fundamentals in the role, including design, creativity, and documentation. Good culture is also a key requirement of the role, and our new team member must be able to communicate well and support
Key skills and experience required for the Electrical Design Engineer vacancy:
- Degree, HNC or HND in Electrical Engineering or equivalent engineering experience from industry.
- Industry experience with the design of electrical systems consisting of automated machinery from any of the following sectors: System Integration, Food/FMCG, Warehouse Automation, Materials Handling industries (or similar industry sector).
- Experience with the selection and configuration of electrical components such as variable speed drives (VSD’s) preparation of Bill of Materials, preparation of manufacturing and installation, specification and planning of electrical and controls installations.
- Experience with testing and commissioning on customer sites when required and preparation of validation & test documentation.
- Exposure to Automation & Materials Handling Systems would be an added advantage although is not essential.
- Knowledge of configuration, programming, and commissioning of PLCs – experience with both Rockwell and Siemens an advantage although not essential.
- Able to demonstrate a technical proficiency in machine control, and functional principles of safety.
- Mechanical comprehension skills.
- Ability to work as part of a team in a projects-based environment as part of a multi-disciplinary team.
The Electrical Design Engineer opportunity offers a pathway to a fulfilling career with many opportunities for advancement. If you have the passion and commitment to develop a career with a large organisation aspiring to become an industry leader, please click on the link to apply.
Cartisian Technical Recruitment is a specialist recruitment agency sourcing engineers for Automation, Software and Electronics, Automotive, General Engineering & Manufacturing sectors.
UK office: Central Boulevard, Blythe Valley Business Park, Solihull, UK.