Aerospace and Defence
Automation and Robotics
Share this job:
Electrical Design Engineer
Position: Electrical Design Engineer
(Full sponsorship will be provided for suitable candidates if required)
Location: 2 locations available, Dungannon and Belfast, Northern Ireland
Salary: £45,000 – £55,000 depending on experience
We are recruiting for experienced Electrical Design Engineers to join our team in Northern Ireland. We are a leading supplier in the manufacturing of equipment for the Aviation and Aerospace industry sector, producing highly acclaimed products to an ever expanding global network of customers. Reporting to the Head of Engineering The Electrical Design Engineer will be required to develop, evaluate and document new electrical and electronic control systems for our ranges of self-propelled equipment. Utilising the latest IT systems, Machine hardware, software, and wiring practices.
Responsibility, Skills & Experience for the Electrical Design Engineer:
- Reviews of current products and improvements where necessary
- Production of all relevant documentation including, electrical schematics, PLC software, BOMs etc.
- Take your ideas from concept to reality as you oversee the manufacture, installation, and commissioning of the electrical systems you have designed.
- Liaise with our electrical sub-contractors, Electrical fitting team and Mechanical Design team to ensure new designs are implemented.
- Test and validate new componentry and software solutions.
- Ideal candidate will be educated to degree level or have relevant electrical experience.
- Experience of mobile equipment electrical & electronic systems, control products and programming software.
- Working knowledge of AC/DC control systems up to 400V
- Experience of producing Electrical Schematics using design software.
- Practical experience and or industry recognised training is also desirable.
- In addition, to your technical skills you should have the ability to think logically, diagnose and solve problems, create solutions based on informed decisions.
- Well organised, with a strong eye for details and able to meet deadlines.
- On occasion, there will be a requirement to travel throughout the UK, Ireland or abroad as necessary.
This is a great opportunity to join a highly successful and stable company who are continuing to build on their growth. If you feel you have the relevant experience and skills for this Electrical Design Engineer vacancy then please click on the link below to apply.
Cartisian Technical Recruitment is a specialist recruitment agency sourcing engineers for Automation, Software and Electronics, Automotive, General Engineering & Manufacturing sectors.
UK office: Central Boulevard, Blythe Valley Business Park, Solihull, UK.