Aerospace and Defence
Automation and Robotics
General Engineering and Manufacturing
Share this job:
Director of Operations
A Director of Operations with experience of managing the operations and multiple engineering programmes of bespoke electro-mechanical machinery is required for an innovative manufacturer of complex mechatronic equipment.
The company is embarking on a sustained period of growth and has engineering and production operations located in UK (Head office) and 2 overseas locations. All of which will report to the Director of Operations.
Location of position: Cheltenham
This is a very exciting opportunity to work with a very innovative business designing and manufacturing complex equipment which often incorporates electronics, software, automation, motion control solutions. all systems are bespoke and carry various lead times.
The role of Director of Operations will include:
- Manage the operational performance across the UK Head office and 2 smaller overseas business units.
- Create a joined up best practice approach to all operations.
- Oversea budgets and forecasting for the operations and individual projects.
- Be the main interface between all Group Functions.
- Overall management of the programme and project deliverables utilising teams across the different operations.
- Review operations, minimising risks and maximise opportunities to enhance business performance.
- Work closely with Product Development Teams and Sales and Marketing Teams.
- High level programme management accountability for multi-million-pound engineering projects.
- Technical capability of engineering teams includes Mechanical, Software/Electronics and Electrical Engineering.
- Apply Six Sigma methodology to drive continuous improvements across the various sites.
- Chair monthly Business review meetings.
The suitable candidate for Director of Operations will need to possess the following skills and experience:
- High level Manager from within a bespoke manufacturing operation
- Programme management experience with high value complex projects
- Black Belt or similar in continuous improvement/lean
- Technical qualification in any of the following Engineering, Finance, Project Management and ideally
- MBA – desirable
- The majority of the time will be spent in UK but there will be occasional travel to the 2/3 operations overseas.
- Experience with special purpose machinery, System Integrators or Aerospace, Space or Satellite Applications is highly desirable.
If you have the required skills and experience for this position of Director of Operations, and you like the sound of working for a high value, highly complex manufacturer of bespoke machinery and solutions, please click on the link to apply. In return, our client can offer excellent remuneration and benefits with a growing and exciting business.