Design Engineer – Banbury – £33,000 – £37,000
Position: Design Engineer (mechanical)
Salary: £33,000 – £37,000 (flexible) depending on level of experience
We have an exciting opportunity for a Design Engineer to join our design team located at our site in Banbury, Midlands. We are suppliers of bespoke conveyors, compactors and tanks mainly for the water and waste industry. The Design Engineer would be responsible for producing general arrangements, detailed designs & manufacturing drawings for multiple contracts. The Design Engineer would be self-motivated and experienced in the use of Autodesk Inventor & AutoCAD to produce designs and would work in conjunction with the existing design & project team. This is a role that is suited to someone with an engineering background with a minimum of 3 – 5 years design experience with Autodesk Inventor & AutoCAD.
Key skills and experience required for the Design Engineer vacancy:
- A comprehensive knowledge of engineering design principles.
- Ability to interpret working drawings.
- Ability to work from site surveys and existing client drawings to produce 3D – layouts in Inventor and detailed component drawings as required.
- Produce general arrangement drawings that incorporate accepted standards of operability, maintainability and meet health and safety requirements.
- Preparation of 2D manufacturing drawings from 3D models for both standard items and bespoke fabrications.
- Generating new product designs and modifying existing designs for customers.
- Report problems and deficiencies in the design
- Maintain drawing files and records throughout the duration of contracts using Autodesk Vault.
- Ensure that designs take full regard of all current health and safety requirements.
- Experience of FEA advantageous
- Experience of Navisworks advantageous
- HNC or above in a relevant engineering subject.
- Experience with Autodesk Inventor & AutoCAD.
- Knowledge related to the design of conveyors, compactors, silos and tanks would be beneficial.
- Good command of the English language, both written and spoken.
- Competent word and excel skills with a good working knowledge of Autodesk Inventor & AutoCAD.
- Required to maintain a tidy work environment and interact with other members
- To maintain the quality control requirements of the output and to produce a product that achieves customer satisfaction.
- Office based but expected to travel to customer and supplier remote sites as deemed necessary.
- Expenses paid in full.
- Future development and training are provided
- Hours of Work – Mon – Thurs: 08:30 – 17:00hr [Lunch 1-Hour]
- Fri: 08:30 – 16:30hr [Lunch ½ -Hour]
To apply for this Design Engineer vacancy please email your up to date CV to Cartisian Technical Recruitment at email@example.com
Cartisian Technical Recruitment is a specialist technical recruitment consultancy that specialises in Automation Jobs, Automotive Jobs, Science Jobs, Engineering Jobs, Technical Sales Jobs as well as senior executive level appointments and Interim. Our engineering recruitment consultants have many years of experience recruiting for the most sought after and in demand engineers across Product Development, Manufacturing, Purchasing & Supply Chain and Sales to include positions such as:
Mechanical Engineer, Mechanical Design Engineer, Product Designer, Electrical Design Engineer, Hardware Engineer, Firmware Engineer, Electronics Engineer, Software Engineer, Control Engineer, Engineering Manager, Production Manager, Quality Manager, Purchasing & Supply Chain Manager and Technical Sales.
Cartisian Technical Recruitment – Technical Recruitment for Automation, Scientific Technologies, Automotive, General Engineering & Manufacturing.