General Engineering and Manufacturing
Share this job:
Position: Design Engineer
Location: Islington, London
Salary: £40,000 – £50,000 depending on relevant experience and engineering knowledge
We are seeking a talented and motivated Design Engineer to join our dynamic Engineering & Machine Shop Department. In this role, you will utilise your expertise in Solidworks to deliver a diverse range of newly developed products. You will work collaboratively with our CAD & CAM Engineers, supporting ongoing production and closely interacting with the production teams to bring prototypes to fruition.
Design Engineer Responsibilities:
- Utilise Solidworks to design and develop innovative products.
- Collaborate with team to assist in the production of new prototypes.
- Transform legacy documentation and MasterCAM data into production-ready 3D models and drawings.
- Review and approve documentation, engineering drawings, material/part specifications, and validation reports.
- Construct and validate designs to ensure their feasibility and functionality.
- Utilise a PDM system and maintain familiarity with its operation.
- Adhere to and stay updated with BS 8888 standards.
Design Engineer Qualifications and Experience
- Minimum of a degree, HNC, HND in Mechanical, Product, or Design Engineering, or equivalent, with experience (ideally 3 – 5 years) working in an engineering/manufacturing environment.
- Excellent interpersonal and communication skills, coupled with a proactive and solutions-oriented mindset.
- Familiarity with FMEA and FEA processes.
- Experience with organic surface modelling.
- Experience with Solidworks, however will also consider applicants with other CAD experience such as Creo, NX, or Catia.
- Strong interest in working with bespoke luxury products.
Join our team and become part of a collaborative environment where your creativity and engineering expertise will contribute to the development of exceptional products.
If you have the required skills and experience for the Design Engineer vacancy, please click on the apply button below and your CV will be forwarded to Cartisian Technical Recruitment
Cartisian Technical Recruitment are a specialist recruitment agency sourcing engineers for Automation, Scientific Technologies, Automotive, General Engineering & Manufacturing sectors.
UK office: Central Boulevard, Blythe Valley Business Park, Solihull, Birmingham, UK