Automation and Robotics
General Engineering and Manufacturing
Share this job:
Coventry, Birmingham, Nuneaton, Royal Leamington Spa, Rugby, Solihull
We require Controls Engineer to work in a fast-paced environment, working with high-speed automated machinery, equipment, and robotic systems. In your role as Controls Engineer you will undertake various electrical / PLC repair duties to ensure the smooth operation of its machinery, ensuring as little downtime as possible.
Key skills and experience for the Controls Engineer vacancy:
- Industry experience from Manufacturing working as a Maintenance Engineer or Controls Engineer
- Reading Specifications, an understanding of electrical design and commissioning of equipment.
- Good problem solving and innovation using PLC Software.
- Assist with the set-up and operation of planned preventative maintenance procedures.
- Ensure breakdowns are responded to in a quick and prompt manor.
- To assist with the set-up of emergency procedures for machine breakdowns.
- Gain a clear understanding of customer quality standards and operate within audit process that ensure both Customer expectations are met.
- To always work in a safe manner complying with any applicable Health & Safety legislation.
- Work with Maintenance Manager to Analyse downtime.
The main Requirements of Controls Engineer:
- Ideally have a deep understanding of a fast-paced automotive manufacturing environment.
- You will have knowledge of fault-finding programming of ABB and Fanuc robots as well as siemens PLC’s.
- You will need to be flexible regarding a rotating shift pattern as we are currently working to a rotating 2 shifts pattern and a possible night shift if required.
The Controls Engineer opportunity offers a pathway to a fulfilling career with many opportunities for advancement. If you have the passion and commitment to develop a career with an industry leading organisation, please click on the link to apply.
Cartisian Technical Recruitment are a specialist recruitment agency sourcing engineers for Automation, Scientific Technologies, Automotive, General Engineering & Manufacturing sectors.
UK office: Central Boulevard, Blythe Valley Business Park, Solihull, Birmingham, UK.