Aerospace and Defence
General Engineering and Manufacturing
Share this job:
Contract Senior Development Engineer
Position: Contract Senior Development Engineer (6 months)
(We are also keen to hear from applicants from any of the follow or similar roles: Principal Engineers, R&D Development Engineers, Test & Development Engineers, Project Engineers, Lead Engineers, Propulsion Engineers, Powertrain or Drivetrain Development Engineers)
Location: Coventry, West Midlands
Rate: Approx. £35 – £40 per hour limited co. rate (negotiable depending on experience)
We have an exciting opportunity for a Senior Development Engineer to join our business on a 6-month contract basis. As the Senior Development Engineer, you will work with external suppliers and internal teams to define and execute all the development test activity for our engine system technology. You will act as primary point of contact for all development test activities across the business
Key skills and experience required for the Senior Development Engineer vacancy:
- Previous experience in Propulsion engineering would be highly advantageous.
- Experience working on engine, powertrain and/or drivetrain systems within in a test house as a development engineer would be preferred with industry experience from either Automotive or the Marine industry. Other industry sector experience would also be considered.
- Experience with understanding how to make engineering changes based on test results, or product analysis is critical in this role. The ability to help build the product, test it for errors and efficiency’s then to go back to the build stage and help re-engineer a solution. Previous experience with similar development and re-engineering of solutions is essential to this role.
- Ability to understand technical issues and how to engineer effective solutions.
- Focused approach with results orientated; ‘can do’ attitude.
- Ability to communicate externally & internally at all levels, with focus on technical items.
- You should be a team player, comfortable with supporting, and accepting support from colleagues.
- High energy to drive results with enthusiasm and pace.
- Willingness to travel, when necessary.
- Determination to achieve overall results required.
- Excellent organisational & planning skills.
- High level of IT and technology skills to allow data analysis and effective communication of results.
- Ability to work independently and safely.
- Ability to make informed decisions.
- High level of oral and written communication skills.
- A Mechanical Engineering Degree or HND is preferred.
If you feel you have the required skills and experience for this Contract Senior Development Engineer vacancy, then please click on the link below to apply. Your CV will be forwarded to Cartisian Technical Recruitment for consideration.
Cartisian Technical Recruitment are a specialist recruitment agency sourcing engineers for Automation, Scientific Technologies, Automotive, General Engineering & Manufacturing sectors.
UK office: Central Boulevard, Blythe Valley Business Park, Solihull, Birmingham, UK.