Automation and Robotics
General Engineering and Manufacturing
Share this job:
Concept/Application Design Engineer – Birmingham
Position: Concept Design/Application Design Engineer
Location: Birmingham, West Midlands
Salary: £40,000 – £50,000 depending on level of experience
We would also consider applications from: Project Designers, Mechanical Designers, Application Design Engineers, Machine Design Engineers, Automation Engineers, Technical Sales (must have prior design engineering experience).
We are seeking an enthusiastic and dynamic engineer with experience of creating concept design solutions. You will develop and create technical solutions based on customer requirements. You should have prior experience putting together technical concept designs consisting of bespoke automated machinery and related equipment, such as robotic systems, PLC controls, linear slides, rotary tables, and pneumatic systems.
Key skills and experience required for the Concept Design Engineer:
- Experience with designing machine concepts or similar bespoke automated solutions.
- Experience using 3D design software Solidworks or Inventor.
- It is important that you have experience designing moving mechanical parts and related equipment therefore any of the following experience in creating concept designs would be beneficial: bespoke/high speed automated machinery, bespoke packaging and labelling machinery, bagging machinery, machine tending, inspection systems, hardness testing machinery, vision inspection machinery and robotic systems.
- A strong understanding of working to British engineering standards and able to produce technical engineering documents.
- As the Concept /Application Design Engineer you should be able to write up quotation documents and draft proposals clearly to a uniform standard, using strong clear communication and good English language.
- Previous experience liaising with clients and presenting concept designs and quotation documents to all stakeholders.
- Liaise with internal teams to support concept design and technical quotation/documentation.
- You should have a good grasp of figures with good commercial acumen and have a sensible common-sense approach.
- Understand and have a sense of real-world engineering when creating and preparing the concept design.
- A mechanical engineering degree or qualification (HNC/HND/Apprenticeship), or relevant industry experience
To apply for the Concept Design/Application Design Engineer vacancy please email your up to date CV to Amo Rai, Managing Consultant at Cartisian Technical Recruitment at firstname.lastname@example.org
Cartisian Technical Recruitment are a specialist recruitment agency sourcing engineers for Automation, Scientific Technologies, Automotive, General Engineering & Manufacturing sectors.
UK office: Central Boulevard, Blythe Valley Business Park, Birmingham, Solihull, UK.
Continental Europe office: River Garden, Rohanske Nabrezi, Prague, CZ