Science & Technology
Share this job:
Compliance & Safety Risk Manager – Farnborough, UK
Position: Compliance and Safety Risk Manager (Robotics & Automation)
Salary: £35,000 – £40,000 depending on level of relevant industry knowledge and experience
We are seeking a talented and motivated Compliance and Safety Risk Manager with an emphasis on Robotic Safety and Safety Systems. The Compliance and Safety Risk Manager will be responsible for new and existing product support related to regulatory compliance. The ideal candidate will be a highly organised team player with excellent communication skills. The candidate will have a strong understanding of the regulatory compliance schemes and the process required to specify, test, qualify, document and maintain certifications related to Machine Safety, and Functional Safety compliance for domestic and international markets.
Compliance & Safety Risk Manager Responsibilities:
- Interpret and apply regulations, standards and requirements to new technologies/products
- Work with external testing houses to ensure certifications are achieved and maintained
- Conduct external Risk Assessment, Design Reviews, Factory/Site Acceptance testing and launch support
- Manage the certification of the product range
- Prepare technical files for CE certification
- Be knowledgeable of upcoming changes to rules and regulations for certifications
- Provide Safety & Compliance input during the product scoping to identify any concerns for operators interacting with the equipment
- Evaluate and review schematics and drawings and provide Safety & Compliance input during product development/early design
- Leverage Support processes, systems and tools to resolve safety related technical problems
- Track issues through resolution phase, engaging technical subject matter experts as needed
- Create and maintain problem resolution procedures and identify need for new tools to support existing solutions
- Work with the Engineering team to understand safety issues and solution options
- Compile data to facilitate analysis by the Management team
Key skills and experience required:
- Bachelor’s degree in engineering, Safety or a related science-based field.
- Previous career/real world experience applying safety principles and addressing safety issues in a manufacturing, warehouse or other operations focused environment
- Experience working on bespoke robotics/machines
- Technical problem-solving and analytical skills
- Excellent written and oral communications skills with the ability to communicate effectively with both technical and non-technical stakeholders
- Previous career/real world Safety experience, preferably certified, in relation to Robotics
- Experience supporting Safety programs by means of identifying equipment needs, documentation needs, support equipment needs, staging and support of equipment to be tested, debug capabilities, etc.
- Experience of interacting with customers, regulatory agencies, test labs, etc.
- Ability to multitask
Must be eligible to live and work in the UK free from visa/sponsorship requirements
To apply for the Compliance & Safety Risk Manager vacancy please email your up to date CV to Cartisian Technical Recruitment at firstname.lastname@example.org
Cartisian Technical Recruitment is a specialist technical recruitment consultancy that specialises in Automation Jobs, Automotive Jobs, Science Jobs, Engineering Jobs, Technical Sales Jobs as well as senior executive level appointments and Interim. Our engineering recruitment consultants have many years of experience recruiting for the most sought after and in demand engineers across Product Development, Manufacturing, Purchasing & Supply Chain and Sales to include positions such as:
Mechanical Engineer, Mechanical Design Engineer, Product Designer, Electrical Design Engineer, Hardware Engineer, Firmware Engineer, Electronics Engineer, Software Engineer, Control Engineer, Engineering Manager, Production Manager, Quality Manager, Purchasing & Supply Chain Manager and Technical Sales.
Cartisian Technical Recruitment – Technical Recruitment for Automation, Scientific Technologies, Automotive, General Engineering & Manufacturing. Contact us on 01564711542 for further information. Our offices are located at Central Boulevard, Blythe Valley Business Park, Solihull, UK.