Automation and Robotics
General Engineering and Manufacturing
Share this job:
Position: Commissioning Engineer
Location: Coventry, UK (with travel to customer sites in the UK and overseas)
Salary: £45,000 – £55,000 (depending on relevant industry experience) + car/car allowance , bonus and benefit
We are seeking a highly skilled Commissioning Engineer to join our team in the Midlands. As a Commissioning Engineer, you will play a vital role in ensuring the effective commissioning of capital plant equipment, achieving operational performance, and gaining acceptance for our equipment following installations and modifications. You will be responsible for conducting test operations, providing relevant documentation, and delivering technical support when required.
Commissioning Engineer Responsibilities:
- Perform effective commissioning of equipment, ensuring operational performance and acceptance.
- Determine suitable methods for individual test operations and instruct operatives accordingly.
- Provide comprehensive commissioning documentation to support engineering.
- Act as a technical support resource as necessary.
- Conduct fault finding and rectification.
- Collaborate with customers at all levels maintaining strong relationships.
- Supervise and manage contractors as required.
- Deliver on-site training when necessary.
Commissioning Engineer skills and experience:
- A relevant Mechanical Engineering qualification such as an Apprenticeship, HNC/HND, or a degree in an engineering discipline with a mechanical bias.
- Proven experience in commissioning process/capital plant equipment, such as ovens, booths, and conveyor systems. Experience from the building services sector would also be considered, with experience of setting up industrial/capital plant ventilation and heating systems, ducting/ductwork, measuring airflows, water flows in pipes, adjusting temperatures control systems and circuits.
- It is essential that you have knowledge of mechanical engineering, process plant installation, experience in commissioning capital plant equipment, and fault finding and rectification ideally within the Automotive (or similar) industry.
- Proficient in MS Office applications and possess good PC skills.
- Self-motivated with the ability to prioritise and plan workloads effectively.
- Flexible and adaptable, capable of working independently or as part of a team.
- Full driving license and the ability to obtain a UK passport or visas.
- Home location ideally in the Midlands with the willingness to travel and work on customer sites, including weekends and shifts, both within the UK and overseas.
If you have the required skills and experience for the Commissioning Engineer vacancy, please click on the apply button below and your CV will be forwarded to Cartisian Technical Recruitment
Cartisian Technical Recruitment are a specialist recruitment agency sourcing engineers for Automation, Scientific Technologies, Automotive, General Engineering & Manufacturing sectors.
UK office: Central Boulevard, Blythe Valley Business Park, Solihull, Birmingham, UK