General Engineering and Manufacturing
Purchasing, Supply Chain and Logistics
Sales and Marketing
Share this job:
Internal Sales Assistant – Dudley
An Internal Sales Assistant is required for an established manufacturer based near Worcester. The role is to support an Ecommerce business unit selling manufactured products to professional trades.
The role of Internal Sales Assistant will include, but not limited to:
- Working closely with the Ecommerce Manager to drive operational improvements to improve the service given to customers purchasing online and those collecting in person after placing an order.
- Dealing with customer enquiries, chasing late deliveries, difficulties with placing online orders, product queries and complaints.
- Administration on the CRM/stock control system, ensuring stock holding figures are correct and up to date on the website, shortages are escalated to drive internal ordering/allocation of stock.
- Analysing the website performance.
- Helping to drive sales through promotion of website to appropriate trades and end users.
- Please note, this is not a technical IT role, the Ecommerce manager will handle the website coding and amendments although updating product descriptions, stock availability etc. can be easily taught.
The suitable candidate for this role of Internal Sales Assistant is likely to possess the following skills and experience:
- All round commercially astute individual, with a can-do attitude, getting stuck in to a wide variety of roles.
- Strong interpersonal skills able to deal with customers professionally and sympathetically over the phone and in person and not getting flustered.
- Experience with purchasing/stock control systems is highly desirable.
- Ability to analyse stock data to influence decision making.
Experience of working in the following roles might suit this position:
- Purchasing Assistant
- Inside Sales
- Commercial Administrator
- Customer Service Manager
The suitable person will have exposure and influence in the whole operation from sales, updating website with new products, analysing slow moving stock, creating promotions, reviewing the courier/transport services to ensure we are getting the best possible service, reviewing delivery charges on the website and making recommendations. By being aware of all the above and as mentioned being commercially savvy, you and the head of Ecommerce will implement changes/improvements to drive the business forward.
This is an exciting and rewarding opportunity where you will have the chance to make a difference. If you feel you have the right skills and experience for this role of Internal Sales Assistant, please click on the link to apply.