Aerospace and Defence
General Engineering and Manufacturing
Share this job:
Position: CNC Miller
Salary: £15 – £18
Our client is a precision engineering business specialising in the design, development and manufacture of high quality parts for the Aerospace, Defence and Automotive industries. The CNC Miller will have the opportunity to work within a busy toolmaking company who have entered an exciting period of growth and investment into their facilities.
Key skills required for the CNC Miller vacancy:
- Experience of operating, setting and programming CNC machines
- Working mainly on a 2 axis XYZ SMX 2000 CNC milling machine with conversational programming using Prototrak software
- This role will involve programming through to manufacture & inspecting the part
- You will also use various 2/3 axis CNC milling machines using conversational programming on Proto-trak/Acurite controllers.
- Produce low volume small precision components
- You should be able to work from mechanical engineering drawings/schematics diagrams to assemble parts as required.
- Check dimensions with measuring instruments.
- Working to health and safety standards.
- Organised & working to a high standard, keeping work area clean and tidy.
The successful candidate for the CNC Miller position will have the following experience:
- Experienced CNC Milling Engineer
- Able to work to tight tolerances from engineering drawings
- Knowledge of Prototrak/Acurite systems an advantage but not essential
- Knowledge of CNC turning, manual turning, manual milling & grinding machines would be an advantage but not essential.
The role will be working a day shift Monday to Friday 8am – 4pm with regular opertunities to earn overtime paid at time and one half. 25 days holiday + 8 days bank or public holidays (33 days total)
If you are passionate about CNC Engineering and want to work on challenging projects, this is the role for you. If you meet the requirements and are excited about this opportunity, apply for this CNC Miller opportunity via the link below.
Due to our high vacancy response rates unfortunately, we are not able to reply to all applicants. If you have not had feedback from our consultants within 14 days, please accept that your application has not been successful.
Cartisian Technical Recruitment are a specialist recruitment agency sourcing engineers for Automation, Scientific Technologies, Automotive, General Engineering & Manufacturing sectors.