General Engineering and Manufacturing
Share this job:
Position: Draughtsman / CAD Technician / CAD Designer
Location: Oldbury, Birmingham
Salary: £25,000 – £35,000 (depending on experience)
We have an exciting opportunity for a Draughtsman/CAD Technician to join our growing business based in Oldbury, Birmingham. We specialise in providing bespoke manufactured furniture & related products for the hospitality and retail sectors. We work with a variety of big brand across the UK with many products tailor made specifically to the client’s requirements. We are seeking a CAD Technician/Draughtsman/CAD Designer to oversee several concurrent projects at one time focusing on prioritising workloads.
CAD Technician/Draughtsman/CAD Designer skills and requirements:
- Working with the engineering manager and project manager overseeing several concurrent projects at one time.
- Site surveys, measuring, estimating.
- Ensuring project designs/drawings are accurate and are completed within timescale and budget.
- Occasionally to organise labour and materials – ensuring all documentation, resources and materials are in place.
- Read and understand drawings and plans – creating working drawings.
- Communicate effectively and professionally with Clients.
- Booking in site visits – when required to do so.
- Use of computer systems including Microsoft Office & AutoCAD.
- Liaising with contractors – when required to do so.
- Attending occasional site meetings.
- Professional conduct, and portrayal of a professional image to both clients and internal personnel.
- Office based with site visits once or twice per week when required.
To apply for the Draughtsman/CAD Technician vacancy please click on the apply button. Your CV will be forwarded to Cartisian Technical Recruitment.
Cartisian Technical Recruitment are a specialist recruitment agency sourcing engineers for Automation, Scientific Technologies, Automotive, General Engineering & Manufacturing sectors.
UK office: Central Boulevard, Blythe Valley Business Park, Solihull, Birmingham, UK.