Purchasing, Supply Chain and Logistics
Share this job:
Buyer/Senior Buyer (Industriel)
Position: Buyer/Senior Buyer (Industriel)
Duration: Full time – Permanent
Location: Auvergne-Rhône-Alpes region, France
Remuneration: Dependant on Experience.
This is a permanent position to take responsibility for purchasing industrial components, such as bought out machining, sheet-metal & fabrication, laser cutting, subcontract engineering processes, working for an established manufacturer of agricultural machinery. The suitable candidate will be required to purchase a range of engineered products from raw sheet steel, machined components, hydraulic components, electronics, electrical and finished, kitted goods. The majority of suppliers are based in France with a small percentage spread across Central and Eastern Europe.
The suitable candidate will need to possess experience as a Buyer/Senior Buyer.
Responsibilities for Buyer/Senior Buyer will include:
- Identify new suppliers to source metal components from production, this may include raw sheet steel and/or laser cut profile and fabrications.
- Negotiate costs, lead times and cost down agreements wherever possible.
- Monitor supplier quality feedback and escalate accordingly.
- Submit RFQ’s and negotiate the best possible prices where required.
- Generate weekly/monthly reports on stock levels and issues.
- Work closely with production to calculate expected volumes and feedback on quality assurance.
- Maintain stock integrity through use of ERP system.
- Purchase bought out machined components, fabrication services such as laser cutting, fabrication and welding, electronics, hydraulic components such as hoses, valves and cylinders as well as raw sheet steel.
Purchasing or supply chain qualification is ideal but not essential, providing hands-on experience.
The suitable candidate must have the following experience:
- Supplier sourcing for sheet metal, laser cut profile form Central and Eastern Europe.
- Able to read basic engineering drawing is highly advantageous.
- Able to speak French and English is essential.
For more information or to apply for this Buyer/Senior Buyer vacancy please email your up to date CV to Richard Heaton, (firstname.lastname@example.org) Managing Consultant at Cartisian Technical Recruitment
Cartisian Technical Recruitment are a specialist recruitment agency sourcing engineers for Automation, Scientific Technologies, Automotive, General Engineering & Manufacturing sectors.
UK office: Central Boulevard, Blythe Valley Business Park, Birmingham, Solihull, UK.
Continental Europe office: River Garden, Rohanske Nabrezi, Prague, CZ