Share this job:
Salary: £35,000 – £42,000
A Buyer with experience of direct purchasing, sourcing, and managing suppliers (globally) is required for a high-tech manufacturing company based in Coventry. This role will suit an existing Buyer/Senior Purchasing Manager or someone who is working in a senior role responsible for buying/purchasing activity for the business. As the buyer you will work with your colleagues to put into place processes and procedures and help define the role of the buying position within your team. You will manage supplier quality checks, lead times, cost control, and source new suppliers.
Key responsibilities for the Buyer vacancy:
- Take ownership of the buying function within your small team.
- Procuring stock in line with forecast sales and agreed lead times.
- Liaise with internal departments to source/select suppliers depending on engineering requirements.
- Chase suppliers to ensure timely delivery.
- Conduct supplier audits.
- Source new suppliers where necessary and review PSL annually or as agreed.
- Update orders on ERP/Internal System and use reporting data to assist in the decision making.
- Set up supplier agreements (previous experience of this will be required)
- Negotiate costs with suppliers and build strong working relationships.
- Purchase items such as electrical, mechanical and subcontract engineering, casting/forged parts, machined parts, source suppliers for semi-finished goods, coatings/finishing.
The suitable candidate for the Buyer vacancy will need to possess the following experience:
- Existing Buyer or Senior Purchasing experience (or in a similar experienced position responsible for buying)
- CIPS qualified (highly beneficial) or a technical qualification
- Organised with great attention to detail.
- Proactive approach to chasing suppliers.
- Supplier negotiation experience.
- Experience with conducting supplier quality assessments.
- Needs to be a team player and willing to support colleagues and other departments within the business if/when required.
- Experience purchasing for BOM.
- Industry experience from manufacturing, technical engineering, automotive, aerospace industry sectors (other sectors considered too).
If you have the required experience for this Buyer vacancy, please click on the link to apply.
Cartisian Technical Recruitment is a specialist recruitment agency sourcing engineers for Automation, Software and Electronics, Automotive, General Engineering & Manufacturing sectors.
UK office: Central Boulevard, Blythe Valley Business Park, Solihull, UK.