£35000 - £45000 per annum
Job Ref: 32360
General Engineering and Manufacturing
Purchasing, Supply Chain and Logistics
Share this job:
Position: Buyer (Also keen to hear from Senior Purchasing Managers, Senior Buyers, Supply Chain Purchasing, Procurement Managers with relevant industry experience as detailed below)
Location: Alcester, West Midlands.
Salary: Negotiable, between £35,000 – £45,000, depending on the level of experience dealing with overseas suppliers
Purchasing/Procurement/Buying experience ideally from the Sheet Metal or Castings Industry – sheet metal manufacturing (metal cutting/laser cutting, tooling, pressing/press work, forging, machining of metal products,or machined parts, metal finishing, casting and forging). Will consider candidates from other engineering/manufacturing industry sectors (Automation, Automotive, Aerospace, Machining/Machine Tool).
We have an exciting opportunity for a dynamic and driven Buyer with a business in the Alcester area with over 100 years of heritage in the Metal and Castings manufacturing sector. As the Buyer you will evaluate and streamline current processes and suppliers, manage KPIs and source new suppliers for the business. The Buyer will be instrumental helping the business grow and increase turnover with the implementation and improvement/streamlining of purchasing/buying processes, complete supplier reviews & supplier sourcing, and effective utilisation of new IT & ERP systems.
Key skills and experience required for the Buyer vacancy:
- Previous experience working in a similar role: Buyer, Purchasing Managing, Supply Chain Purchasing, Procurement etc.
- Experience purchasing/buying for the sheet metal and castings industry.
- Experience working with, managing, and influencing overseas suppliers.
- Previous experience with Supplier Sourcing, Supplier Evaluation, Importing Goods, Shipping/Administration etc.
- As the Buyer you will work with suppliers to ensure goods/finished parts arrive into the UK in a timely manner.
- Experience with negotiating with overseas suppliers.
- Experience with ERP/MRP or SAP systems. Strong IT skills. Able to take information, analyse the data and produce reports.
- Strong interpersonal & communication skills, with excellent leaderships traits & qualities.
- Financially sound, understands the requirements of importing goods from overseas and all of the costs (taxes, shipping costs etc) involved with bring goods into the UK
- Needs to be a team player and willing to support colleagues and other departments within the business if/when required.
- Ideally to have a relevant purchasing/procurement/buying or technical qualification (manufacturing / engineering) CIPS, HND/HNC, BTEC or NVQ.
If you have the required experience for this Buyer vacancy, please click on the link to apply.
Cartisian Technical Recruitment is a specialist recruitment agency sourcing engineers for Automation, Software and Electronics, Automotive, General Engineering & Manufacturing sectors.
UK office: Central Boulevard, Blythe Valley Business Park, Solihull, UK.
Continental Europe office: River Garden, Rohanske Nabrezi, Prague, CZ