Automation and Robotics
General Engineering and Manufacturing
Share this job:
A Buyer with direct purchasing experience is required for a high-tech manufacturing company based in Coventry.
This role will suit an existing Buyer or someone who is working as a Purchasing Assistant looking to take their next step.
- Salary is dependant on experience.
The position of Buyer will include:
- Procuring stock in line with forecast sales and agreed lead times.
- Ensure stock levels are maintained within the agreed limits.
- Chase suppliers to ensure timely delivery.
- Conduct supplier audits.
- Source new suppliers where necessary and review PSL annually or as agreed.
- Update orders on ERP System and use reporting data to assist in the decision making.
- Set up supplier agreements (Training will be provided if no prior experience).
- Negotiate fair costs with suppliers and strive to build strong working relationships.
- Purchase items such as electrical, mechanical and sub contract engineering.
The suitable candidate for Buyer will need to possess the following skills and experience:
- Existing Buyer or Assistant Buyer.
- CIPS qualified or happy to enrol on a course (Paid for by the company).
- Organised with great attention to detail.
- Proactive approach to chasing suppliers.
- Supplier negotiation experience.
If you have the required skills and experience and looking for a new and exciting challenge, then please click on the link to apply. In return our client can offer a good salary with benefits and the ability to grow with the business.