Business Development Manager
Position: Business Development Manager
Location: No preference – work from home & travel across the UK to customer sites (Birmingham, Worcester, Manchester, Sheffield, Oxford, London, Bournemouth, Scotland & many more)
Salary: £50,000 – £70,000 (negotiable) + benefits
Key experience: Proven background in sales involving some of the following – automation equipment, control systems, pneumatics, hydraulics, special purpose machinery, robotics, high speed machinery, capital plant equipment.
A Business Development Manager is required for a global business which is rapidly growing and looking to add a new energetic Business Development Manager to its team. Our sales have grown year on year and we are looking at continuing to strengthen our position within the Automation sector and in other markets across the UK/Europe.
We work with some of the biggest system integrators and machine builders in the world and supply essential equipment to those companies. This is a national opportunity therefore location is not essential. You will manage your own diary and arrange your own customer visits/meetings etc. Occasionally you will receive warm leads from the business from trade shows and exhibitions, however you will be expected to develop your own customers and accounts.
During the first 2 – 4 weeks expect to be visiting the business Head Office on a few occasions while you find your feet. However, once this initial induction period has been completed you will only be required to visit the main office once per week/every 2 weeks or so.
Key skills and experience required for the Business Development Manager vacancy:
- Must have a proven sales/commercial track record of developing business/sales with some of the following: Automation equipment, control systems, pneumatic & hydraulic systems, special purpose equipment, robotics, high speed automation or related automation products.
- Experience of selling to OEM’s/end users will be highly beneficial.
- Previous experience of account management will be favourable as once you have successfully brought on board new customers it will then be your responsibility to retain your customers.
- A solution sales approach will be required as each of the customers will have their own unique product specification therefore a good understanding on general engineering and the process involved with taking a product though its lifecycle may be required (specification, conceptualisation, design & draughting, prototype/testing, manufacture & assembly, installation & commission).
- Must have a get up and go attitude, have strong mentality, be driven & self-motivated.
- Ideally you would have come from an electrical/electronics engineering background however candidates who demonstrate good engineering understanding (automation, control systems, pneumatics, hydraulics) will also be considered.
- It is essential that you have demonstrated commitment, stability & longevity throughout your career with the companies you have worked for.
For more information or to apply please click on the link below or email your CV to Cartisian Recruitment (firstname.lastname@example.org).
Cartisian Recruitment is a specialist technical recruitment consultancy that specialises in Automation Jobs, Automotive Jobs, Science Jobs, Engineering Jobs, Technical Sales Jobs as well as senior executive level appointments and Interim. Our engineering recruitment consultants have many years of experience recruiting for the most sought after and in demand engineers across Product Development, Manufacturing, Purchasing & Supply Chain and Sales to include positions such as:
Mechanical Engineer, Mechanical Design Engineer, Product Designer, Electrical Design Engineer, Hardware Engineer, Firmware Engineer, Electronics Engineer, Software Engineer, Control Engineer, Engineering Manager, Production Manager, Quality Manager, Purchasing & Supply Chain Manager and Technical Sales.
Cartisian Recruitment – Technical Recruitment for Automation, Scientific Technologies, Automotive, General Engineering & Manufacturing.