Purchasing, Supply Chain and Logistics
Sales and Marketing
Share this job:
Business Development Manager – Walsall
Position: Business Development Manager (Sales Manager, Sales Exec, Sales Rep)
Location: Walsall, West Midlands
Salary: £30,000 – £35,000, (pool car, quarterly profit related bonus) negotiable depending on experience
Due to recent business growth we are creating an exciting new position within our company for a Business Development Manager. We are market leaders in our industry sector and recognise the preferred candidate may not have our industry specific experience, therefore we would welcome applicants from varying industry sectors. However, experience in negotiating large scale hire contracts would be useful.
The Business Development Manager would identify markets and leads, and make sufficient contact for the prospective customer to understand why they should be dealing with our business. Once the leads are qualified our internal technical staff will become involved in the process and go into detail about the specifics of the business.
You will be required to research potential new markets and follow up potential leads with cold calling, visiting customer sites, networking via breakfast meetings, trade shows and exhibitions.
Key skills and experience required:
- Previous experience of “new business” generation and revenue growth
- Experience in negotiating large scale hire contracts
- You will be required to devise a sales plans to illustrate projected sales and how this will be achieved with suitable KPIs, therefore previous experience of this type of activity will be essential.
- To pro-actively identify, contact and meet, as appropriate, prospective, lapsed and current customers in appropriate industries and markets in order to inform, promote and sell the products and services of all departments of the Company.
- To visit customers as required.
- Introduce and develop ongoing effective business development processes into the Company.
- Prospect, identify and build new relationships and revive expired opportunities.
- Establish, maintain and make available computer records of; contacts, communications, meetings, and quotations, etc.
- Record and report key performance information as deemed necessary or requested.
- Assist with the acquisition of orders and contracts
- Undertake any training as reasonably requested by the company.
- To be self-motivated and a positive thinker, working as part of the team within the Company as a whole.
- Actively take part in presentations online or in person, must be personable and be a good communicator.
To apply for the Business Development Manager vacancy please email your up to date CV to Amo Rai (email@example.com), Managing Consultant at Cartisian Technical Recruitment
Cartisian Technical Recruitment are a specialist recruitment agency sourcing engineers for Automation, Scientific Technologies, Automotive, General Engineering & Manufacturing sectors.
UK office: Central Boulevard, Blythe Valley Business Park, Birmingham, Solihull, UK.
Continental Europe office: River Garden, Rohanske Nabrezi, Prague, CZ