£60000 per annum + bonus and car allowance
Job Ref: 32562
General Engineering and Manufacturing
Sales and Marketing
Share this job:
Business Development Manager
Location: Home based, office in Solihull West Midlands, covering the UK
Salary: c£60,000 + car allowance + bonus
We have an exciting opportunity for a Business Development Manager to join our growing business. As part of our team, you will be delivering diverse range of projects across the U.K. As the Business Development Manager, you will establish and retain business growth opportunities. Primarily obtaining new clients and fostering business relationships to increase revenue from sales. Developing a network of contacts to attract new clients, research new market opportunities and oversee growth projects, making sales projections and forecasting revenue, in line with projected income.
Business Development Manager Job Duties
- Work as part of the Senior Management Team to determine strategy to continually move the business forward.
- Finding new clients and promoting sales to them.
- Identifying key accounts.
- Following up on client leads.
- Selling products and services in person and over the phone.
- Raising the company profile by attending expositions and seminars.
- Maintaining a positive attitude that inspires co-workers and clients to grow the business.
- Promoting a culture of growth through sales across the business.
- Fostering familiar relationships between clients and the management team.
- Assuming responsibility for the success or failure of strategic decisions.
- Determining the reasons for profits and losses.
- Writing reports and analysing relevant business data.
- Being knowledgeable about products and services offered by the business.
- Suggesting new projects such as product development to tap into new markets.
- Being aware of market trends and competitors.
- Complying with regulations and laws of business development.
Business Development Manager Skills and Qualifications
- Excellent technical and communication skills to drive our UK pre-sales and business development activities.
- The ideal candidate will have, an exceptional track record of success in business development by demonstrating strong problem-solving capabilities, and sound business acumen.
- Prior experience with any of the following would be an added advantage: Battery Energy Storage Systems, high voltage systems or projects, generators, inverters, control systems, and renewables, or prior experience with similar products and projects.
- Prior experience working successfully in the role of Business Development Manager in the business-to-business sector.
- An undergraduate university degree or industry experience.
- Customer focused, with strong interpersonal, organisational, analytical, and problem-solving abilities.
- Excellent communication and interpersonal skills.
- Demonstrable business / commercial acumen.
- Ability to perform effectively in a non-hierarchical, team-focused environment.
- Ability to travel as needed.
- Right to work in UK.
We are looking for someone who is motivated, driven, and can thrive in a fast-paced environment. A willingness to learn and adapt to change is essential. If you possess these qualities and are excited about the prospect of working in a dynamic company, please click on the link to apply.
Cartisian Technical Recruitment is a specialist recruitment agency sourcing engineers for Automation, Software and Electronics, Automotive, General Engineering & Manufacturing sectors.
UK office: Central Boulevard, Blythe Valley Business Park, Solihull, UK.