General Engineering and Manufacturing
Share this job:
Assembly Technician / Maintenance Fitter
Position: Assembly Technician/Maintenance Fitter
(We are keen to hear from applicants that have worked in any of the following roles: Assembly Engineer/Technician, Development Engineer/Technician, Build Engineer, Mechanical Fitter, Maintenance Technician, Service Technician, Assembly Fitter, Maintenance Fitter and Production Fitter.
Salary: Approx. £25,000 – £28,000 (some flexibility depending on experience) + 20% shift allowance + company benefits
We have an opportunity for an Assembly Technician/Maintenance Fitter to join our team working on exciting manufacturing and assembly projects based at our manufacturing site in Lowestoft. As the Assembly Technician/Maintenance Fitter you will be involved in all types of maintenance and repair work which will be required during the prototyping and testing phases of our System.
Key responsibilities and skills required for the Assembly Technician/Maintenance Fitter vacancy:
- Fitting and removing gearboxes/gear systems, drive systems and building test rigs to test units and log data/information for analysis.
- Dismantle and decommission equipment, inspect, repair and record the results/data for analysis and to support with the Continuous Improvement process.
- The regular inspection of test units and the recording/reporting of any issues identified.
- Support the Test Engineers with the commissioning of Installations.
- To ensure that all relevant faults are recorded and reported to engineering.
- To ensure all assembly checklists are completed as required during the assembly process.
- Previous experience working in a similar role within a manufacturing or Assembly environment from Automotive, Aerospace, Marine, or similar SME background.
- To demonstrate the ability to ‘roll their sleeves up’ and personally get things done as part of a small team.
- Ability to read and understand technical manuals.
- To assist with fault diagnosis both by looking at physical components and by using IT based systems.
- Be Dependable, Positive, Flexible and Effective in the workplace.
- Demonstrate a Continuous Improvement mindset.
- Be able to work flexible hours and overtime as required.
- Team player, comfortable with supporting, and accepting support from, colleagues.
- A Mechanical Engineering Apprenticeship qualification (or HNC/HND, BTEC, C&G) from the engineering/manufacturing sector or from Automotive, Aerospace or Marine sector.
- Must have hands on experience assembling gearboxes, engines, or similar complex mechanical assemblies.
- Proficient with Microsoft PC software packages. (Word-Excel)
- Clean driving license.
If you have the required skills and experience for the Maintenance Technician vacancy please click on the apply button below and your CV will be forwarded to Cartisian Technical Recruitment
Cartisian Technical Recruitment are a specialist recruitment agency sourcing engineers for Automation, Scientific Technologies, Automotive, General Engineering & Manufacturing sectors.
UK office: Central Boulevard, Blythe Valley Business Park, Solihull, Birmingham, UK.