General Engineering and Manufacturing
Sales and Marketing
Share this job:
Area Sales Manager
An Area Sales Manager or Trainee Area Sales Manager with experience of selling building products to sub-contractors, main contractors, specifiers and architects is required for an established manufacturer of ceiling systems and dry lining products.
Please note: There are 2 positions available and they are open to an experienced Area Sales Manager or a Trainee Area Sales Manager.
Area to cover: London – Position 1
Area to cover: West Midlands – Position 2
Salary: circa £55K + attractive, achievable uncapped commission scheme for an experienced Area Sales Manager with industry knowledge but we also welcome applicants who might have more internal sales experience looking to move into a field-based position.
The role of Area Sales Manager will involve:
- Proactively identifying prospective clients within the construction sector. These customers might be main/sub-contractors who are working on the interior fit out of wall partitioning systems and suspended ceiling applications
- Work closely with the sub contract companies to ensure the specifications haven’t changed and protect the order pipeline.
- Look to target commercial and residential projects
- Generate new business contacts whilst at the same time, working with lapsed clients and responding to incoming warm leads.
- The order values will range from £3K – £50K with most orders circa £30K. Over time you will likely build up a territory worth over £1m per annum, quite possible a lot more than this.
- Most of the sales will come through sub contract installers of dry lining and suspended ceilings.
- Building strong relationships with sub-contractors will aid in identifying upcoming projects.
The suitable candidate for Area Sales Manager will ideally need to possess the following skills and experience:
- A technical qualification in architecture, quantity surveyor, construction, design, building services or related qualification is desirable but not essential.
- Happy to consider an experienced, well connected Area Sales professional, but equally happy to consider an internal sales person within building products, looking to move in a field-based sales role. Salary would be commensurate with experience.
- Able to interpret engineering or architectural drawings – Desirable
If you have experience of selling building products to sub-contractors, main contractors, and dealing with specifiers and architects, then please click on the link to apply for Areas Sales Manager. In return our client can offer a very competitive salary with uncapped rewards.